Friday 10 June 2016

Books This Week 16

Hello all, I haven't done this series in a while. Let's get straight to it

Career of Evil- Robert Galbraith

I was looking forward to reading this book as I loved the last book in this series. Cormoran Strike returns to solve another gripping mystery. A murderer is on the prowl, who likes to collect body parts of victims as trophies. And he has his sights on Cormoran's assistant Robin. As thrilling as it was to read, it was also quite gory. I simply couldn't shake a few images from my mind. Quite good but still doesn't come close to my beloved "Silkworm" from the same series.

Polish Your Poise with Madame Chic -Jennifer Scott

The final book in this series. I didn't particularly love the last book in this series but as you can probably tell by now, I simply don't leave any book series unfinished. There isn't much that's new in this book & I simply didn't take a shine to it.

Get Positively Beautiful- Carmindy

What an upbeat book! Generally beauty books focus on what is lacking & how to solve the same. I like the fact that the author keeps giving positive reinforcements throughout the book. She works as a beauty expert on TLC's show What Not to Wear. I simply love this book. I also loved her pictures throughout the book.

He Won't Need it Now- James Hadley Chase

I was feeling very nostalgic just picking up this book. This was one of the first thriller/mystery authors I started reading. It's typical James Hadley Chase with enough plot twists to keep me happy. The title kind of gives away the ending but it's a good book nevertheless.

500 Nail Designs- Chelsea Franklin

Picked this up purely on whim. I don't see the point of this book. True to the title, it is made up of 500 nail art designs but a LOT of it is repeated with just different colours. Also, there is absolutely no explanation on how to go about doing the design. Unless you have been living under a rock with no internet,  you would have seen at least a few of these designs on YouTube in much more detail. Not worth it.

What have you been reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment