Wednesday 11 November 2020

Foreo Luna Dupe Review

 I've been lemming after the Foreo Luna from at least 5 years now. But as a vetran skincare enthusiast I've bought various other face cleaning brushes or their dupes like the Clarissonic Mia & Neutrogena Wave to name a few. While some didn't particularly work wonders others just left a bitter taste & a vague sense of regret. I wanted to be sure that this one worked as well as claimed & not just immediately but even a couple of years from now. In my quest I have devoured every single review of the product that I could lay my hands on. But even with the continuous positive reviews I balked at the super high price tag. Since I've been using affordable, cheaper makeup products from sometime with no negative impact I started thinking just how bad could a dupe of the Foreo be. After some research I zeroed in on Aliexpress & bought this product. 




I've been using it since the last year and a half & I think time is ripe for a review. The product is simply called Silicone Electric Facial Cleanser & the model I picked up is called J1. It retails for 450 INR with free shipping which I thought was decent even if the product turns out to be a dud. It comes with a charger & an instruction manual. One side has the silicone brush to wash your face & the other side has concentric circles which can be used to massage. One definite improvement over the original design is that it comes with a tiny stopper to close the charging point while using. My overactive imagination always seemed to think that it was a disaster waiting to happen with a open charging point & water. Also it hardly makes any noise while using - just a dull hum. 

In the first month of usage I only used this on alternate nights so my skin could get used to it. I was pleasantly surprised with how well it cleaned my skin, especially my neck where tiny amounts of makeup remain despite double cleansing. After the first month I used it once everyday for 6 months straight & I didn't have to charge it even once. I could notice a clear difference after just 10 days of using it. Not only was my face cleaner, the blackheads on my nose disappeared and my skin was glowing like it had been freshly exfoliated. I was impressed & continued using it.

After 6-8 months, I realised that my skin was breaking out a lot more. And the pimples were not healing in 3, 5 or even 10 days. They wouldn't come to a head or even be treated with benzyl peroxide or tea tree oil or boroline! I was naturally worried & started researching some more. Apparently such stubborn pimples that don't want to leave your skin are a side-effect of over exfoliation. Who knew! I stopped using the face cleaning machine & even routine exfoliation until the pimples healed (which took forever)



Fast forward to 6 more months - I continue to use it but sparingly. Also I steer clear if I have even 1 tiny pimple. I'm in my mid 30's and I think twice in about a week to 10 days is sufficient. I love the way my skin feels post usage but also realize that it's not for daily use. I don't think anyone needs that kind of industrial strength exfoliation on a daily basis. On the days that I'm not using it I wash my face using the 60 second rule. My skin feels as clean as it does when I use the machine. 

Yays

Cleans skin really well.

Can be used to massage oil/cream on face as well.

One charge lasts you forever.

Cost effective. 

Nays

Not for daily use & definitely not twice in a day. I wish this was mentioned somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment