Monday 7 December 2015

Books This Week 8

Hello all, time for mini reviews of books I've read past week.

The Palace of Illusions- Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

This had been on my to read list from a long time. I love mythology, especially Indian & was looking forward to reading this book. This book tells the story of Mahabharata from the viewpoint of Draupadi. I enjoyed reading it but as with all popular mythological books, there is nothing new- it's a story we all have heard a million times. To be fair, the book is not boring & there are tonnes of smaller stories woven within the storyline. Liked it, just didn't love it.

Frugal Isn't Cheap- Clare K Levison

Since I'm struggling with my spending habits it made sense to pick up this book. I really liked the fact that the author doesn't blame credit cards for over spending. It's not like the card jumped out & decided to shop. High time for adults to start behaving like adults. The rest of the book is made up of points we've all heard & read before- it's a different thing that we don't follow them. Nice no- nonsense book.

1001 Ways To Stay Young Naturally- Susannah Marriott

This book has been targeted at 50 + age group but I feel everyone can benefit from the information. It's categorized into different areas like exercise,  skin care etc. The tip format makes it super easy to read. I think I'll dip back into this from time to time.

See you all next week. Cherrs

No comments:

Post a Comment