Sunday 2 December 2018

ADS Pro Makeup Base Review

Highlighers seem to be having their moment in the sun from a couple of years now. Even though my oily skin produces it's own highlighter I finally succumbed and bought ADS Pro Illuminator Makeup Base. I assumed it would be like the Revlon Liquid Highlighter but sigh!

This is not a review as much as a bad buy alert. ADS Pro Illuminator Makeup Base resembles so many products that I'm not sure which one it's trying to dupe. The packaging is pretty decent. It comes in a squeeze tube with a nozzle & a lid which is housed in a cardboard box. All information regarding the product is printed on both the cardboard box as well as the tube.

INR 200 for 30 ml

I ordered the shade Sunbeam which is a pretty champagne colour. The main problem with this product is the super chunky glitter (which you can spot from a mile away). Definitely not what I want in a highlighter. The second con is that it dries in a jiffy. You can't take some product, spread everywhere you want & then blend. It will dry & you simply cannot blend. You have to work in individual sections. I even tried to mix it in my foundation & then apply which leads to stray bits of glitter peeking out at strange places. Since it's not working well as a highlighter, I'm currently using it as a glittery top coat on my lids. I don't know how else to use up this product. Suggestions are welcome.

I'm not going to list out Ayes & Nays this time as there is nothing positive to write. How do you guys use up makeup duds? Comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment