Tuesday 26 April 2016

Books This Week 14

Hi all, it's been a while since I did this series. The reason is I've only been reading magazines & other random junk. Anyhow these are the books I've read this past week

Tea Time for the Traditionally Built- Alexander McCall Smith

I searched high and low for this book but with no luck. Finally I found it on Flipkart at a very reasonable price. The book follows the lives of Mma Ramotswe, Mr JLB Maketoni & Mma Matsuki. As with the remaining books in this series, the storytelling is very simple & straight-forward. Absolutely loved it.

Your Beauty Mark- Dita von Tesse

Ok, I've a confession to make. I picked up this book without even realizing who the author was! I got her confused with Diane von Furstenberg! Anyway, it's a decent book. She speaks about her life & gives a detailed account of her beauty & fitness regimes. Pick up this book for the drool- worthy photos if not for anything else. How absolutely gorgeous is this woman! I'm in total awe.

Lessons From Madame Chic- Jennifer Scott

This book talks about fashion lessons that the author picked up from her host in France. This is a fun read. While I more or less agree with the "lessons", I simply can't bring myself to like the capsule wardrobe idea. How do you survive on such less clothes? What if you can't tackle laundry for a while? You will be stuck with no clothes or maybe dirty clothes.

P.S : If you don't want to invest in this book, head over to her blog- The Daily Connoisseur.

This is it for now. I'll be back again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment