Friday 4 February 2022

NOTW Week 51



Hey all, I'm wearing shade #20 from Volo. It's a medium brown & works as a great neutral for my skin tone. I'm wearing a single coat here, 2 coats would make this opaque. These polishes come with a standard flat round brush which picks up polish easily. Application is a breeze & these self-level too. Also these last a good 4 days without chipping. 

I picked up a set of 12 7ml bottles for INR 400 from Flipkart. 



One of my mini-goals was to use neutral nail paints at least once a month. I naturally gravitate towards jewel tones (having spent several years in the corporate world, painting my short nails with non-existent colours; I cannot imagine a worse fate) & my neutral polishes just sit on my vanity quietly waiting to be recognised. Baby steps but getting there. 

P.S : I keep getting asked if I wear any topper to alter the appearance of polishes & the answer is NO. Keeping colours true to their original selves is also why I never use filters on my pictures. I put on a single coat most of the time because I'm trying to experiment with nail art & a single coat seems to work well for that purpose. More coats = more easily peeling off polishes (a pet peeve of mine) & I try to avoid it at all costs. 









No comments:

Post a Comment