Tuesday 6 August 2019

Hyalugel Plus Review

After using Hyalugel with great results I decided to step things up a notch by using Hyalugel Plus. While the regular Hyalugel has a 1% concentration of Hyaluronic acid, Hyalugel Plus has 2.5%. To say I had high hopes will be an understatement. I had bought 2 tubes to cut down on my delivery charges. And after finishing 1 tube I think time is ripe for a review.



Key Ingredients - Hyaluronic acid in aqueous base

Ingredients - Aqua, Glycerin, Hyaluronic acid, Carbonel, Preservatives

Manufactured by ZYMO Cosmetics

Marketed by Ethicare Remedies

INR 349 for 30 gm

Expiry January 2021

Hyalugel Plus comes in a regular blue tube packaging with a matching cardboard box. The colour difference is to distinguish it from Hyalugel which is a white tube. All details regarding the product are printed on both the tube and the box. The tube is sealed with a holographic sticker for added protection.


Hyalugel Plus is a colourless, odourless gel which absorbs easily into the skin. I started using this at the fag end of summer but found this to be extremely drying on its own. Even smiling after this has dried is painful. I have to top it up with Aloe Vera gel. And the few places that I skip on will start peeling off like dried fevicol. I don't know if this is because of the higher concentration in this product or that my skin is more dry than it was 2 years back.


Anyhow, it works well as a skin plumper but nothing spectacular. The old Hyalugel worked equally well (I'd say even better as I didn't have to layer on anything in summers). While it definitely works I don't think it justifies the higher concentration & higher price. I'm going back to the old Hyalugel. Cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment